It's my mommy manual. I haven't read it page by page. Instead I check the index for the subject I want and read it.
Here are a few topics and techniques: my 'smart' comments are in ()
- timer technique to teach kids to share (this actually works)
- faddy dressing and how to deal with it (your going to wear that shirt, so deal with it!)
- car journeys - coping strategies (fly, don't drive)
- tantrums and how to deal with it (laugh, walk away, or run)
- how to talk to your child - the three essential voices (screaming wasn't one of them, darn!)
How did I hear about this book? A good friend of mind, who wasn't a parent at the time, suggested this book to me. Thanks Barbie! And yes her hubby's name is Kenny, and she doesn't like that I call her Barbie!