Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Detours

Arriving at becoming a mommy took me some time...like about six years of work! I assumed that being a SAHM (stay at home mom) would be my calling. I would have bet a lot of cash on that.

It's been over a year that I've had the desire to go back to work. I've tried to dismiss the feeling, hoping once I settled into being a SAHM the feeling would pass. Not so.

For the pass month I've been looking for work. My cover letter now includes an explanation why I went MIA for two years: I have been out of the workforce for two years raising my little boys. I am now prepared and committed to return to work. Sounds good, right?

It's not the best time to look for work when the word recession is running rapid across the world. However even the process of tweaking my cv, se
arching the web for jobs and having interviews feels good.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Good luck, Joanne! You'll have no problem getting a job, I'm sure!!! ... and I totally understand your "need" for a job outside the home. I was the same!! xoxo