Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Whose Bed Have These Boots Been Under?

Remember my 2009 New Year's resolution: buying clothes at less than $25 bucks?
I'm happy to report that I'm impressing myself. Even Daddy is impressed. And trust me if I can impress Daddy went it comes to shopping I know I'm rockin!

Last week I visited my girlfriend at her work. Which may have gotten her in a bit of trouble: I spent over 60 minutes chatting in her office! Apparently she gets paid to be there! Anyway, she was sporting these cool Lacoste runners. She found them at VV (aka: Value Village). I was inspired...

After my Thursday night yoga class I checked out VV. I scored! So much that I had to call my other girlfriend while I was throwing a pair of $5 jeans for James in the buggy! She laughed and said, "I love you! You're hilarious." I love her too.

So I got some cool stuff but my proudest purchase has to be these red boots.
These set me back $15 bucks!

While polishing my "new" boots Shania Twain's song started signing in my head:
Well whose bed have your boots been under?
I wanna know whose bed, baby
Whoa baby, tell me
Whose bed, yes I wanna know
You better start talkin'
Or you better start walkin'...
I can't help but think of the previous owners when I buy items previously used.

Did the previous owner of my boots outgrow them physically or emotionally?
 
Or did she decide that she will stick to wearing stilettos?

 




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love love love them. I think I am ready to try a VV shopping spree myself! Good work.
Smooooooooooooch!
~Nic

Teri said...

hahahaha! you called Nic, hey? I can totally hear her saying that to you :)

regan said...

jo ... you make me proud!! great post!!

Anonymous said...

Proud...would be an understatment!!! Yay for you sweet girl :o) VV is like a fashion easter egg hunt! I love that you challenged the racks & scored huge! ... next time, call me...Starbucks, NO kids & VV and of course, you in your sassy red boots & me in my Lacoste sneaks!
Luv Lisa